Systems Engineer, Professional Tinkerer
+44 (0) 7843 206 205
I am Systems Engineer with an interest in education and technical minutiae; I enjoy experimenting with new things to expand my knowledge, and pushing the boundaries of my own abilities. I believe the greatest way to move forward is to consistently push out of my comfort zone, and take on new challenges. In my free time, I enjoy contributing to open source projects, photography, typography, embedded electronics and vintage car mechanics.
I strive to be a quick learner, and both a competent leader and capable worker. I have led teams across Europe, instilled brand loyalty, and supported some of the greatest consumer technology launches of our generation.
- Advanced config/troubleshooting of Macintosh System 7 through OS X Client (10.1-10.8) and Server (10.3-10.8)
- Excellent command of UNIX-like systems and solid bash shell/AppleScript skills, and exemplar understanding of underlying Mac OS X Technologies, from
asr, ARD, and the suites used in day to day system maintenance and upkeep.
- Project Direction
- Proven ability to lead and manage a wide variety of design and development projects in team and independent situations.
- Proven record in Change Request and Availability, delivering a 99.5% SLA to internal systems.
- Hardware Procurement and Lifecycle Management for multiuser systems and installations.
- Italian as a conversational and technical second language.
- Excellent timekeeping, and interpersonal task management, working with DRI to meet and exceed goals.
- Meticulous and fervent proponent of typography, printed/digital documentation, and the quality of output.
- Constant eye for the “small stuff” in the bigger picture.
- Mac OS X Client
- Mac OS X Server
- Apple Enterprise Deployment
- iOS MDM
- PHP / MySQL
- Bash / Shell Scripting
- Open Directory Services
- MAMP/LAMP Stack
- Cisco / IOS
- Agile Development Methodology
- Remote Management
- SLA Management
- Embedded IC (Arduino)
- Electromechanical Development
- Analogue Electronics
Biological Anthropology and Human Systems, BSc
Autumn 2002 - Spring 2005
University of Kent at Canterbury
A Level Physics, Computing, English Literature
Sacred Heart College
ACTC, ACSP, ACMT
- Apple, Inc, London
- Genius, IS&T Mentor
November 2007 - Present Day
- Supported New Store Openings within the North Italian Market and UK, delivering staff training including in-depth OS X Server and Client fundamentals, as well as internal training materials for Cupertino as used in Genius Training worldwide. Designed, implemented and supported full end to end OD structure for 150 PHD users across the London Market, before facilitating move to managed internal systems for PCI compliance.
- Maintained internal training systems (Campus) for Regent St, supporting diagnostic systems and Point of Sale for one of London’s busiest Retail Stores. Developed, built and maintained triage and diagnostic images with a combination of package based installation and NetBoot/Restore images for the market.
- Whellams Computer Services (WCS)
- Service Manager
September 2006 - November 2007
- Oversaw ACPT/ACDT/ADHD engineers for a long standing AASP in South London (now part of Amsys Group). Responsible for the day to day operations of engineers as well as the planning and execution of existing and new installations from ground up infrastructure, for clients as diverse as RBS, Apple Corps, and Soho Estates.
- Built and maintained system images for prepress, office/admin and media installations with Big Three Suites (Office, Adobe CS, Final Cut). Architected full end to end solutions including Datacentre and Disaster Recovery installation, together with in-house automation of deployment systems.
- Freelance Macintosh Support
- Consultant Services
September 2002- November 2007
- Consultant to University of Kent Social Sciences, as well as a number of major corporations, including Thrifty, Hertz, Paul Raymond Publications, iTunes Festival London, and Sussex House School, Sloane Square. Volunteered in mentoring other students and faculty at UKC in classes and personal computer issues.
Diego Iaconelli — firstname.lastname@example.org — +44 (0) 7843 206 205